New for 2017!
We are excited to announce new additions to our conference program this year, which will benefit various types of health care professionals.
With the increasing interest in advance care planning conversations, we are introducing the sought-after First Steps Advance Care Planning Training as a pre-conference event. In addition, as other disciplines look for education about spiritual care, we are offering specialty workshop tracks for nurses and social workers, and a pathway for nurses to earn a Certificate as a Spiritual Care Generalist.
BECOME CERTIFIED IN ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
Special Pre-Conference Session: Sunday, March 12 / Seats Are Limited
Gundersen Lutheran Respecting Choices® First Steps Advance Care Planning Facilitator Training
Internationally recognized, evidence-based model that creates a culture of person-centered care
- Learn the skills to facilitate foundation Advance Care Planning discussions with any adult
- Allows any member of the interdisciplinary health care team to engage earlier in the patient care process
- Cost is $375, includes online courses to be completed in advanced and on-site at the Caring for the Human Spirit® in Chicago
Meet Your Instructor
Jim holds a B.A. in Missiology and a Masters of Theology. He is the supervising Chaplain at both Henry Ford Macomb and West Bloomfield Hospitals in metro Detroit. He is a Certified Advance Care Planner and Certified Advance Care Facilitator Trainer in both First and Last Steps Planning. He currently leads the Advance Care Planning Initiative for the Henry Ford Health System.
NEW FOR NURSES & SOCIAL WORKERS
We are excited to announce the addition of multi-discipline plenaries and workshops, plus special tracks for Nurses and Social Workers.
NOTE: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886745162-4726) for 15 continuing education contact hours.
This activity has been submitted to the Maryland Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Maryland Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Nurse-Provided Spiritual Care: Practices and Perspectives
- Intentional Care of the Spirit: The Practice of Faith Community Nursing
- An Introduction to the Comprehensive Psycho-Spiritual Clinical Interview
- The G Word: Exploring the Clinical Relevance of Religion and Spirituality in Oncology Social Work Practice
Nurses and Social Workers
- Teaching Compassionate Communication to Health Care Professionals
- Providing Spiritual Care According to Disease Process
- A Transdisciplinary Approach to Chronic Pain: A Clinical Psychologist and a Chaplain Work Together
- Developing a Volunteer Chaplaincy Program in a Rural Health Care Organization
Earn a Certificate as a Spiritual Care Generalist
(Valid for 2 Years)
To earn the certificate you must:
1. Attend in-person at the conference: the keynote and all plenary sessions.
2. Attend in-person at the conference all 3 specialty workshops for nursing or for social workers.
Monday, March 13th
2:00pm – 3:30pm
A5. Intentional Care of the Spirit: The Practice of Faith Community Nursing- Nursing Workshop
A6. The G Word: Exploring the Clinical Relevance of Religion and Spirituality in Oncology- Social Work Workshop
Tuesday, March 14th
2:00pm – 3:30pm
C5. Teaching Compassionate Communication to Health Care Professionals-Nursing/Social Work-MANDATORY WORKSHOP For BOTH NURSES and SOCIAL WORKERS
4:00pm – 5:30pm
D3. THRIVING FROM WITHIN®: A logotherapeutic Model for Integrating Spiritual Care in Health Care-Nursing Workshop
D6. An Introduction to Comprehensive Psycho-Spiritual Clinical Interview-Social Work Workshop
Wednesday, March 15th
9:00am – 10:30am
E5. Nurse-Provided Spiritual Care: Practices and Perspectives-Nursing
3. Within 6 months after the conclusion of the conference, successfully complete the online course “What We Hear and Say: Spiritual Assessment and Documentation authored by Brent Peery, BCC. (The $495 cost for this course is waived for social workers attending the conference in person and seeking this certificate).
Note: this program is only offered to in-person attendees. This will not be offered via our webcast.