Caring for the Human Spirit® Conference
March 13-15, 2017 | Chicago, IL
HealthCare Chaplaincy NetworkTM is pleased to announce our 4th annual Caring for the Human Spirit® Conference. This one-of-a-kind, event will be held in Chicago on March 13-15, 2017 and will draw an international, multi-disciplinary audience on-site and via webinar.
Roshi Joan Jiko Halifax, Ph.D.
Deborah B. Marin, M.D.
The Rev. Kathie Bender Schwich, M.Div, FACHE
Shane Sinclair, Ph.D.
Jason A. Wolf, Ph.D., CPXP
Join Chaplains From Many Countries for the
Ceremony of Renewal of Commitment to Spiritual Care
Free live broadcast: Tuesday, March 14, 8:30-9:00 am (CDT). Register here
Come Pray With Us
BECOME CERTIFIED IN ADVANCE CARE PLANNING
Special Pre-Conference Session:
Sunday, March 12 / Seats Are Limited
Gundersen Lutheran Respecting Choices® First Steps Advance Care Planning Facilitator Training
Internationally recognized, evidence-based model that creates a culture of person-centered care
- Learn the skills to facilitate foundation Advance Care Planning discussions with any adult
- Allows any member of the interdisciplinary health care team to engage earlier in the patient care process
- One-day on-site training
- Instructor: Jim Kraft, Director of Advance Care Planning and Collaborative Services, Ford Health System
- Cost is $375, includes online courses to be completed in advance and on-site at the Caring for the Human Spirit® in Chicago,
NEW FOR NURSES & SOCIAL WORKERS
We are excited to announce the addition of multi-discipline plenaries and workshops, plus special tracks for Nurses and Social Workers
- Nurse-Provided Spiritual Care: Practices and Perspectives
- Intentional Care of the Spirit: The Practice of Faith Community Nursing
- An Introduction to the Comprehensive Psycho-Spiritual Clinical Interview
- The G Word: Exploring the Clinical Relevance of Religion and Spirituality in Oncology Social Work Practice
Nurses and Social Workers
- Teaching Compassionate Communication to Health Care Professionals
- Providing Spiritual Care According to Disease Process
- A Transdisciplinary Approach to Chronic Pain: A Clinical Psychologist and a Chaplain Work Together
- Developing a Volunteer Chaplaincy Program in a Rural Health Care Organization
Earn a Certificate as a Spiritual Care Generalist
Learn more here
Conference Daily Activities
The three-day event will consist of one keynote address, four plenaries, and more than 30 workshops of which attendees will select five. The program includes breakfast and lunch, and ample opportunities for networking, visiting exhibit booths and reviewing scientific posters.
Full Conference Registration fee includes breakfast for three days, lunch for two days, and the President’s Reception on Monday evening. Learn more here or by going to the agenda tab above.
*Early Bird* rate through February 18, 2017:
$380 (Chaplains); $480 (Non-Chaplains)
Rate after February 18, 2017:
$450 (Chaplains); $550 (Non-Chaplains)
$200/day (Chaplains); $250/day (Non-Chaplains)
Group Discounts available, see our website for more details.
$800 per site
The real-time broadcast will include keynote and plenary presentations and select workshops. HCCN will select one workshop per series to broadcast. The broadcast is available in English.
*Specialty Track workshops will not be broadcasted live.
The Webcast provide an excellent opportunity to engage entire staff or multiple members of an organization who might not otherwise be able to attend and facilitates the sharing and dissemination of knowledge while minimizing cost and travel time.
*Spiritual Care Association (SCA) members receive a discount, click here to learn more. (You must log in to view the discounted rates)
Hotel Room Rate
$199 + State and Local Taxes
Learn more about the venue here