The scope of practice of HealthCare Chaplaincy’s professional board certified chaplains includes:
- Improving the standard of care through the integration of spirituality
- Aligning chaplaincy performance with institutional goals and objectives in measurable ways
- Collaborating as a member of the health care team to:
- Improve patient and family satisfaction
- Facilitate patient and family decision-making
- Address issues of ethics, palliative care, and cultural competence
- Improve discharge planning to reduce readmissions
- Reduce high anxiety levels in emergency rooms especially when there’s long wait time
- Address patient and family concerns and complaints in conjunction with risk management and patient advocacy personnel
- Support bereaved families and staff
- Establish protocols for referrals to chaplaincy services
- Facilitate end of life discussions
- Collaborating with hospital leadership teams to:
- Address issues of ethics, palliative care, cultural competence
- Contribute to quality assurance and customer satisfaction goals
- Assist with community relations and building partnerships with community clergy
- Reduce staff burnout and compassion fatigue
HealthCare Chaplaincy provides:
- Continuing professional education to our chaplains on topics of current concern and importance.
- Supervision by HealthCare Chaplaincy’s nationally-recognized senior chaplains.
- Consultation and support around questions of religious and cultural accommodation.
- Design and evaluation support for Quality Improvement projects customized for the institution.
HealthCare Chaplaincy’s annual Wholeness of Life© Award gives each partner institution an opportunity to honor an individual who provides extraordinary care for patients and loved ones.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Clinical Practice and Academic Affairs Support Services
(212) 644-1111, ext. 122